Location

Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, Lancaster, PA

31 S. Duke Street, Lancaster PA 17602

Two years before the birth of George Washington and 46 years before the Declaration of Independence, the historic Holy Trinity Lutheran Church was formally organized in 1730. Holy Trinity is the oldest church in Lancaster and one of the oldest in Pennsylvania. The congregation worshipped in a small stone church on Duke of Cumberland Street for thirty years before construction of the present brick building began in 1761.