April 16-18, 2015
St George’s Church
New York City
Online pre-registration is now closed. While last-minute walk-ins are more than welcome, we can no longer guarantee food. Two other quick announcements:
1. There is still room on the museum tour (of the Met), Thurs from 2-3:45pm. For more info, or to sign up, email us at email@example.com.
2. Nadia's talks will not be recorded. But there may or may not be a special giveaway on Friday night - of her new book!
“Pardon’s the word to all” - Shakespeare
A fresh start. A free pass. An expunged record. To be let off the hook, and not just in theory—that is what it means to be absolved of sin, and it is the life-saving heart of the Christian message. It’s what it is all about.
Yet we seldom experience absolution, in church or in any other context. When is the last time you were forgiven for something you had done and it wasn’t surrounded by implicit expectations for the future? What would it look like if we truly believed that God does not hold our past against us? Nor our complicated present, for that matter.
Join us in April as we delve into this most hopeful of subjects. To help, we’ve enlisted Nadia Bolz-Weber (author of Pastrix: The Cranky, Beautiful Faith of a Sinner & Saint), Jamin Warren (editor of Kill Screen Magazine), and a host of Mockingbirds, including Sarah Condon, Jacob Smith, and John & David Zahl. Our chaplain will be The Rev. Jim Munroe, and we have a number of special guests joining us.
In addition to the main presentations, there will be breakout sessions on a wide range of topics, from theology and philosophy, to movies and music, children and relationships, to money and work. The event is open to all, and we guarantee there will be something for everyone.
If the past eight years are anything to go by, the conference is sure to be a time of warmth, laughter, delicious food, and maybe even a little freedom. We hope you can join us!
Online pre-registration is now closed. While we always welcome last minute walk-ins for the sessions themselves, we cannot guarantee meals.
If you plan on attending the conference, we ask that you pre-register beforehand. There are a number of price options this year:
- 3 Days: With Meals $150, No Meals $100*
- 2 Days: With Meals $125, No Meals $75
- 1 Day (Friday): With Meals $100, No Meals $50
- 1 Day (Thurs or Sat): With Meals $50, No Meals $25
- 1 Meal or Talk: $20
As we have in the past, this year we are offering a special all-inclusive rate for students and seminarians of $100/person. Simply select your option according to price and select “seminarian/student rate.” For information about other scholarships, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are two ways to pre-register:
- Online, by filling out the form below (Names, Emails, and Addresses) and submitting payment via Paypal.
- Via post by sending a non-refundable check, payable to ‘Mockingbird Ministries’, along with the names of who will be attending to:
100 West Jefferson St
Charlottesville, VA 22902